Eastern Massachusetts, bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the east, Duxbury on the south and southeast, Pembroke and Norwell on the west, and Scituate on the north. Marshfield is 18 miles east of Brockton; 29 miles south of Boston; 48 miles northeast of Providence, Rhode Island; and 225 miles from New York City.
Total Area: 31.74 sq. miles
Land Area: 28.46 sq. miles
Density: 757 per sq. mile
Climate (National Climatic Data Center)
- Normal temperature in January.....26.5°F
- Normal temperature in July........71.0°F
- Normal annual precipitation.......48.8"
U.S.G.S. Topographical Plates
- Duxbury, Scituate, Cohasset, Hanover
Regional Planning Agency
- Metropolitan Area Planning Council
Metropolitan Statistical Area