OUR MISSION STATEMENT
It is the mission of the Building Department to provide for public safety through the administration and enforcement of the State Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Gas codes as well as the enforcement of the General Bylaws and Zoning Bylaws of the Town of Marshfield.
- You may apply for Residential and Commercial Building Permits (both long and short form), Demolition Permits, Floodplain Permits, Homeowner Building Permits, Accessory Structure Building Permits, Plumbing, Gas, Electrical, Sheet Metal and Fire Sprinkler Permits, Wood Stove Permits, Tent Permits and Sign Permits, online through ViewPermit. Please visit the page Apply Online For Permits in ViewPermit.
- Political Sign Permits,Temporary Banner Permits, Doing Business As (DBA) Applications, Requests for Enforcement and Residential Lot of Record forms can be downloaded from our Forms and Applications page as well as picked up, completed and returned to the Building Department.
- We will assist you in checking to see if your home has been added to or removed from a FEMA Flood Zone. If you would like to check the FEMA maps to see if your house is in a FEMA flood zone you may do so on our FEMA Flood Maps page.
- We administer the Certificate of Inspection (COI) program.
If your project is complicated and you are in the planning stages, you are welcome to make appointment with the Building Inspector or Building Commissioner to discuss your project.
- As well as daytime hours, our Building Commissioner and Building Inspector are also available Monday evenings between 5:00pm-7:00pm.
- The Plumbing and Gas Inspector, and the Wiring Inspector are available in our office Monday evening 5:00pm-7:00pm.
Before you start construction please pick up your permit and post it where it can be seen from the street.
To schedule an inspection for the next day please call 781-834-5555 and speak with a staff member. Inspections are scheduled on a first come-first serve basis.
- Building Inspections are Monday-Friday 8:00am-12:00pm
- Plumbing, Gas, and Electrical Inspections are Monday-Friday 7:00am-8:30am